- Category: About KIPPRA
The Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA) is an autonomous public institute that was established in May 1997 through a Legal Notice and commenced operations in June 1999. In January 2007,His Excellency the President signed the KIPPRA Bill into law and the KIPPRA Act No. 15 of 2006 commenced on 1st February 2007.
The Institute is thus an autonomous Think Tank established under an Act of Parliament.
To be the leading institute in public policy research and analysis; an international centre of excellence.
To provide quality public policy advice to the Government of Kenya and other stakeholders by conducting objective research and through capacity building in order to contribute to the achievement of national development goals.
The Institute undertakes the following activities
- Conducts objective research and analysis on public policy issues with the goal of providing advice to policy makers.
- Provides advisory and technical services on public policy issues to the Government, government agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Collects and analyses relevant data on public policy and disseminates its research findings to a wide range of stakeholders through workshops/conferences, internal seminars, research papers, policy briefs, a newsletter, and the Kenya Economic Report.
- Develops and maintains research resources and databases on public policy and related issues, and avails these to the Government, the private sector and academic institutions.
- Undertakes contracted public policy research and analysis for the government and clients from the private sector.
- Undertakes capacity building activities for government and private sector officers.
- Serves as a point of contact and encourages exchange of views between the Government, private sector and other civil society.
- Enhance and entrench quality and relevance in research and policy advice
- Strengthen the capacity building mandate of the Institute
- Enhance KIPPRA's strategic communication
- Expand, strengthen and sustain partnerships and networks
- Enhance staff development, productivity and welfare
- Enhance the sustainability of the Institute